It is our aim to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any particular requests.
Telephone & Internet
Free WiFi Internet access is available. Mobile phone coverage is good here, with coverage from Orange, Bouygues and SFR.
A large flat screen TV and DVD player can be found in the sitting room.
Short journeys by minibus
If you wish to go to a restaurant in the evening but you would prefer not to drive, we can arrange transport using a 9-seater minibus.
We can collect you
Leave your car at home and let the train or plane take the strain! We can collect you from Chatellerault, Futuroscope or Poitiers station or cars are available to rent at any of these stations.
Enjoy your special occasion all the more by booking Chateau de Picol’s local catering service. Caterers and restaurants at Lencloître and beyond can provide hot or cold dishes or buffets, depending on your needs. We can provide contact details on request.
Traditional, regional cuisine or gourmet … you’ll find restaurants nearby that cater to all tastes. Here’s a small selection of our favourites:
- Le Savignois, at Savigny-sous-Faye (10 minutes by car). Traditional and regional cuisine in a simple but very comfortable setting. Menus available at between 16 and 32€. www.le-savignois.com
- Le Saint-Fortunat, at Neuville-de-Poitou (20 minutes by car). Sophisticated setting and gourmet food. Menus cost between 27 and 70 €. www.saintfortunat.com
- Table de Bellefois, at Neuville de Poitou (25 minutes by car). Brewery and restaurant. Traditional cuisine in a simple but very comfortable setting. Menus start at 14 € (lunchtime). www.brasserie-de-bellefois.fr
- La Gourmandine, at Châtellerault (at 25 minutes by car). Sophisticated setting and gourmet food. Menus cost between 26 and 75 €.
- Autour des Halles, at Scorbé-Clairevaux (10 minutes by car). Good food and a family atmosphere. Menus at 11 and 20€. www.facebook.com/AutourDesHalles
The Chateau is available to rent from Saturday to Saturday, also for shorter breaks, golf weekends, wine tasting tours, family occasions etc., depending on the season.
Rental rates vary according to the season ranging from € 2,200 low season to € 3,950 high season (electricity, heating and charges included). To check availability and for your specific needs contact us by telephone or email for details.
Your reservation is effected only after telephone confirmation that your deposit has been received. A deposit corresponding to 50 % of the total rental cost is required prior to your stay and a guarantee of 1000 euros will be requested on your arrival to cover any damages that may occur during your stay. It will be returned to you at your departure, after a check of the building.
Warning for children
The swimming pool has a protective cover that prevents accidental drowning. However, when the cover is removed, parents are warned to keep their children under close supervision at all times.
Strictly no smoking in the chateau.
We cannot accept animals to stay.